The photography of your listing will be an integral part of your marketing, as it is the introduction of the home to potential buyers. Below, you will find a guide of steps to take prior to the arrival of the photographer or 3D Scan Technician. It is important to note that the photographer and 3D Scan Technician are not stagers, movers or a cleaning service. We may tweak things in a room and make minor adjustments in order to get the best possible view of a space but will otherwise photograph the home as it appears upon our arrival. The home should be ready prior to the appointment and this guide will help ensure that you get the highest possible value from your appointment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19, extra precautions are being taken by the Digital Artscape staff. This means that we are doing everything possible to minimize contact with other humans, personal belongings and surfaces in the homes where we are working. If at all possible, we respectfully request that the home be vacated during the shoot.
Your effort and cooperation are greatly appreciated. We look forward to working with you!
▪ Turn on all lights and open window blinds, so each space is as well lit as possible.
▪ Replace burned out bulbs, where needed.
▪ Remove clutter – charging cords, toys, personal pictures, small trash cans, toilet brushes, magnets on refrigerators, etc.
▪ Make sure pictures hanging on walls are level
▪ Clear kitchen counter tops (including small kitchen appliances)
▪ Clean floors – vacuum carpets, mop hard floors
▪ Touch up paint where needed – the photographer is not responsible for editing out marks on walls
▪ Clean Mirrors, close toilet lids, open or close shower curtains (agent preference). (If shower curtains are to be open, remove or hide items such as soap and shampoo)
▪ Make the beds, put away clothing and personal items
▪ Clean the windows (inside and out!)
▪ No cars in driveway, do not park on street directly in front of house
▪ Hide trash cans, outdoor toys, hoses, etc.
▪ Have lawn manicured and landscape prepped
▪ If patio/deck furniture is displayed, add cushions if possible where applicable
▪ Uncover hot tubs, grills and pools (when possible)
Additional helpful items:
- Please do not schedule landscapers, maintenance or repairs to the home for the day or time of the shoot.
- Being present at the time of the shoot is optional, but is not required. It is actually very helpful to the photographer to have the home to himself, especially if the home has been properly prepared. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, we would greatly appreciate it if the homeowners would step out for the duration of the appointment)
- If your home has been scheduled for a 3D model or video, we must insist that the home be vacated for the duration of the work. While this may be inconvenient, it guarantees the best possible result.